Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Memories : Key to Happiness



Now, as any other child in the world, my memory, when I was born was of a size of a pea. There is absolutely no memory of bhai (brother) and me in my mind when I was an infant. But the things that I have been told are wonderfully emotional.

In the early months of my birth, like other children, I was taken to a pediatrician for my regular check-ups and routine vaccinations. The incident which always makes my eyes wet is when I, mom, dad and bhai were at the clinic of my pediatrician for my vaccination injection. I was barely 3 months old. As soon as the doctor put that injection on my bum, bhai started screaming, NOT ME BUT MY BHAI. I started crying almost 30 seconds after the injection was pulled out of my bum, but bhai on the other hand was crying from the moment that injection touched my bum before entering. My dad being an emotional person understood what feelings bhai was going through. It was as if bhai was feeling the pain that was supposed to be felt by me. What if I was only 3 months old he could still understand what I was going through.

In those times, our house had 2 air conditioners, one in mom & dad’s room and the other upstairs in OUR room in which we both used to sleep together. Now if I have to recall the earliest memory of him and me sleeping together, it would be him whacking “IT” off at night while I was asleep. Since I am not a very sound sleeper, I used to get disturbed due to his “ACTIONS”. Obviously I didn’t know what he was doing at that time because I was merely 5 years old. I even thought to tell mom that “Mummy, bhai raat ko bhai hilta kyun rehta hai?” ("Mom, why does he shakes in the night" ?) but then I thought to forget it.

Guru Harkrishan Public School, a fine place for a Sikh student to study, have fun, have fights etc.Since bhai was already in class 9th when I was supposed to join school, I had that extra-ordinary feeling of having a “BADA BHAI” in school. No one could touch me because my brother was in class 9th. But I being a friendlier person at that time (Not that I am not a friendly person now), I never had any fights with my friends. But still I always knew that if something happened to me “HE” would come to help me. He even became the Head Boy of the school when he was in class 12th. I still don’t know how he managed to become a head boy in G.H.P.S., because one has to have so many contacts in the S.G.P.C (Sikh Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee), they being the funders of our school and as far as I know my dad, he has absolutely no contacts whatsoever in the S.G.P.C. and also, one has to butter the teachers all the time to be in their outlook and my brother was never the person who would be buttering teachers. But then, he still was THE HEAD BOY.

As it is winter time and one can see his/her breath in the morning, a couple of days back when I was going to college I suddenly realized that when I was small and my mum used to take me to the bus stand for the school in the morning I used to play all the time with my breath coming out of the mouth. I instantly called my mum on the phone and told her that I was missing her leaving me on the bus stand. It actually made me very sentimental.

Memories are what actually keep you running when all the other sources of energy fail in someones life. if it was for these memories people wouldn't be clicking pictures all the time. I don't know about everyone but for me life has two power sources, one being motivation and other being memories.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment